Advancing AI Regulation through Standardisation
The European approach to artificial intelligence (AI) is solidly based on excellence and trust, with the primary goal to support research and industrial capacity while ensuring safety and fundamental rights at the same time. AI is not just a critical asset to simplify our daily lives, it can also be an instrumental asset to solve some of today's biggest challenges: from treating chronic diseases or reducing fatality rates in traffic accidents to slowing down (or stopping) climate change or preventing security threats.
Among the measures that can help improve data quality in AI, standards play a major role. Standards and codes of conduct can help AI systems operate in a safe and reliable manner thus preventing any unintended adverse impact.
This Webinar will host major experts in the field and it will provide an exhaustive overview of the current agenda of the European Commission on the AI field and different standpoints on the role of AI in Standardisation with correlated needs, gaps and challenges (from SDOs, SMEs and Research & Innovation projects' representatives).
- Nicholas Ferguson - COMMpla & HSbooster.eu Coordinator
- Salvatore Scalzo - Policy & Legal Officer "Artificial Intelligence Policy Development and Coordination" at European Commission - DG CNECT
- Sebastian Hallensleben – Chair of Cen Cenelec JTC 21 & Head of Digitalisation and AI at VDE
- Emilia Tantar – Convenor CEN/CLC JTC 21 WG2 & Chief Data and Artificial Intelligence Office at Black Swan LUX
- Serena Albertario – Project Manager at Holonix & KITT4SME Representative
- Klaus Hoeckner – Managing Director HGBS/Access Austria
- Ana Cardoso – Project Manager at EWF & Stand4EU Project Coordinator
- Standardisation experts with experience in AI.
- EC-funded H2020 and Horizon Europe projects with an interest in standardisation.
- Policy makers and decision makers.
- Representatives from ESOs, NSBs and SDOs.